Library UX Community Forums Studies Evaluating the UX of a service model?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Has your library changed its service model, maybe moving to a single service desk or having students instead of permanent staff providing your front line services? How have you approached assessing the UX of the new model? How have you determined that the change has been beneficial for your users?

I was speaking with a colleague about this and we had some ideas but would love to hear from people who have actually worked through the process. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

John LaskowskiJohn Laskowski
    Keymaster

We have an old building built for the old sense of a library. The main reference desk, circulation desk, and reading room are all on the second floor. When I came to the university two years ago there was already a working group in place looking at the viability of moving reference to the first floor intersection of the main hallways.

We’re hoping to open the forthcoming spring semester staffing that desk. We’ve long used Desktracker for recording one-on-one interactions, but we’re really only now starting to consider UX assessment…I mean classes don’t start until mid-January. Plenty of time, right?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.