Library UX Community Forums UX Tools Online Usability testing software

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

What online tools are you using for usability testing? Does your library have a subscription to anything? What have you subscribed to in the past? Are you getting by with “free” accounts?

Follow-up does your library have a UX budget?

John LaskowskiJohn Laskowski
    Keymaster

Hi!
    We use a couple different tools. One is Optimal Workshop which the Library was subscribing to when I got here. It provides a few different testing options although I’ve mostly only used it for card sorting. It has some analytical tools built in and raw data can be exported to Excel for additional analysis. It’s kind of basic but gets the job done.

We also just started using Sketch for prototyping. It’s very early days and I’m trying to learn how to use it (while also learning how to function on a Mac which is required to use the software). I haven’t used in it actual UX testing with patrons yet but have had the opportunity to use it with other staff while working on new and updated websites.

I think it’s going to be extremely helpful once I get my mind around it. Previously we tended to do UX tests after something was already developed or asked users to respond to some fairly vague concepts of a new site or online service. With this, we’re attempted to build UX into the design stage so when a project gets transmitted to the developers we already have a sense of whether something will be successful as well as some pre-development buy-in/promotion of something new coming from the Library.

Participant

thanks John,
    I’m familiar with Optimal Workshop as well and have used it in past, but we don’t have a subscription, or a UX budget in general – mostly get by on free accounts or in-person option, but since COVID it’s a little more tricky. Thanks for you feedback! all the best, C.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.